We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is one of the highest-rated online consumer finance platforms in the industry. As a high growth fintech company, we provide simple online financial products with an exceptional customer experience to middle income consumers who are turned away by traditional financial providers. We continue to experience significant growth year over year with profitable returns each year and employees have the opportunity to make an immediate impact as part of a growth stage, mission-driven company.
What you get to do:
OppLoans is seeking a Senior Manager, Human Resources to serve as the key HR Business partner for the company. As a leader on the People Team reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will build strategic partnerships to solve the toughest people and organizational challenges our business is facing including everything from employee relations to change management. You will be our hero on the People Team who challenges us on how we attract, select, develop, reward, and retain talent.
- Coach business leaders on people strategy including hiring, performance management, compensation, recognition, and development.
- Be an advisor to business leaders on issues relating to policy interpretation and employee relations; lead employee investigations.
- Build out performance management tools and processes; offer coaching and support execution of performance improvement plans.
- Ensure that we comply with federal, state, and local legislation on all people matters.
- Proactively assess and diagnose team, employee, and manager development needs to make recommendations and partner with others on the People Team to implement the right solutions.
- Conduct exit interviews to inform talent and retention strategy.
- Partner with Talent Development on the analysis and interpretation of engagement survey results, identifying trends and collaborating with leaders to identify and implement action planning and change management.
- Manage one direct report who is the HRBP, Operations.
What you will bring to the team:
You will bring significant experience in performance management, change management, and employee communications with strong business and HR acumen. You will possess a demonstrated ability to coach managers with the ability to work through conflict and resistance to identify win/win solutions.You will have a sense of urgency and a bias for action with the ability to work independently and an understanding of when to escalate issues. You possess a strong sense of ownership and confidence in handling ambiguity along with impeccable judgment. Ideally, you will have a track record of 10+ years as an HR Business Partner with a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required and Master’s degree preferred.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.