We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is one of the highest-rated online consumer finance platforms in the industry. As a high growth fintech company, we provide simple online financial products with an exceptional customer experience to middle income consumers who are turned away by traditional financial providers. We continue to experience significant growth year over year with profitable returns each year and employees have the opportunity to make an immediate impact as part of a growth stage, mission-driven company.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will play an essential part in the dynamic growth of our business. You'll work quickly to develop an analytical framework to determine strategic priorities and drive the next phase of OppLoans growth! You'll work with department leaders to establish metrics that tie to our overarching financial goals. You'll lead the analysis and evaluation of new strategic partnership opportunities including potential acquisitions. You'll will also:
- Deliver dynamic driver-based, real-time financial modeling focused on projecting cash flow, income statement, and balance sheet impacts based across a multitude of scenarios.
- Revamp management reporting to ‘public company’ quality earnings releases and investor presentations
- Prepare Board Presentations on behalf of the CFO and other Leadership Committee members.
- Partner closely with Capital Markets team on complex financing structures.
- Define and manage interest rate and other financial risks on the balance sheet; recommend and execute strategies to manage risks.
- Develop competitive intelligence framework to benchmark company vs. the market.
- Develop unit economic model to evaluate return on capital from different products and geographic markets.
What you will bring to the team:
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative degree
- MBA and/or CFA preferred
- 10+ years in Specialty Finance, Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Strategic Planning, or similar area
- Proven experience in building an analytics and forecasting team
- Impeccable attention to detail with no tolerance for ‘modeling errors’
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing knowledge of accounting and forecasting concepts in developing financial projections with full sets of financial statements
- Hands on experience in portfolio / asset based cash flow forecasting and analysis
- Ability to lead communications with the Board, CEO, CFO and executive management team (e.g., ‘tell the story of what the numbers mean and implications to the business going forward’)
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.