We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
We are looking for a State Exams Senior Analyst to join OppLoans’ expanding and dynamic Compliance Department! This role will report directly to the Manager of Compliance Assurance - State Exams and Credit Reporting. The role will assist with state exams, including determining scope, collecting requested documentation, and responding to examination requests as needed. You will also help resolve both indirect and direct credit reporting disputes.
- Assist the State Exams Manager in gathering materials requested during state examinations as needed.
- Collaborate with department owners to ensure accuracy and completeness of the materials being provided to state examiners.
- Identify and explain issues found during examination process internally or externally as they are identified.
- Ensure issues found during examinations are escalated and remediated.
- Resolve indirect disputes received through the e-OSCAR platform as needed.
- Resolve direct disputes received by mail, e-mail, or phone as needed.
- Help develop reporting on examination results for members of our Executive team.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of federal regulations under which OppLoans operates; primarily the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), as well as the Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Lending, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), as well as others as necessary.
- Proficiency in GSuite and Microsoft Office.
- Adaptable to rapid change.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Confident in their decision making/reasoning skills.
- Ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Experience working with external auditors
- Experience handling state examinations for a consumer finance organization
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of e-OSCAR system
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.