Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row of making the Inc. 500 list of the nation’s fastest growing companies. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $130 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us! As the business continues to grow quickly, we are always looking to bring on future leaders as we take the next step in our journey. We added over 100 FTEs in 2018 and plan to do the same in 2019.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Associate of Compliance Assurance – Monitoring and Testing to join our expanding and dynamic Compliance Department at OppLoans. This role will report directly to the Director of Compliance Assurance, and the main responsibilities are:
Assisting the Director of Compliance Assurance in implementing monitoring and testing for applicable state and federal regulations as part of our compliance management system.
Assess compliance risk through testing and monitoring.
Work with remediation team to ensure issues are addressed.
Collect data, files and other materials for monitoring and testing.
Work in collaboration with business compliance officers and other stakeholders in various phases of testing and monitoring, including notification, fieldwork, escalation, reporting and follow-up.
Exercise judgment in assessing the material significance and relevance of identified findings and recommendations and ensure timely escalation.
Develop reports that are concise and timely and provide value to business and management to continuously improve compliance controls and mitigate risks.
Other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required. CRCM certification and/or JD a plus. Paralegal certification also a plus.
- 2 years’ experience in regulatory compliance and/or state regulatory supervision, preferably in consumer finance or fintech company.
- Experience managing regulatory exams and audits.
- Familiarity with data queries, such as SQL and JIRA.
- Strong knowledge of consumer financial regulations, including Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), and Privacy.
- Proficiency in root cause analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organization and follow-up skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to proactively identify issues.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, working with all levels of both internal and external customers and regulators.
- Ability to work well individually and in team structure.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and an enthusiasm for learning new areas of law.
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through OppLoans products.
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself.
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Free health benefit options.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered
- breakfasts, etc.).
- Dual monitors and stand-up work stations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.