Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the past three years. In 2018, we made the Inc. 500 for the third year in a row. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and surpassed $125 million of annual revenue this year. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
What You Can Expect From Us
A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact. A commitment to professional development and support for your growth. Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience. A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders across the company to develop and execute ideas through all aspects of the product development lifecycle including design, development, testing, productization and launch.
- Suggest and implement new strategies and tools to improve customer experience and increase efficiency
- through collaboration with several diverse teams.
- Utilize data to identify needs, tell the story about your successful launch, and continue to A/B test new iterations. Be at home with Bayes’ theorem for statistical testing.
- Inspire and delight customers by creating best-in-class Products with compelling narratives that reduce friction, improve customer satisfaction, and maximize conversion.
- Shape the vision, strategize, and execute on priorities in the Product roadmap. Work closely with our Tech teams and lead cross-functional teams to execute on these priorities.
- Lead with a “Customer First” perspective by always putting end user experience first in all scenarios -- B2C, B2B, or “B2E” (internal to our employees).
- Have a passion for building impactful technology solutions that can range from add-on features on our native Salesforce platform, or complex bespoke microservices.
- Harness customer feedback through surveys and conjoint analyses to improve and fine-tune our Products.
- Add to our mission of being socially responsible by crafting experiences that improve the financial lives of our customers.
- Conduct mystery shopping competitive intelligence to figure out what we should be doing that we are not already doing.
- Mentor junior team members and help build out Product team.
- Product is the intersection of Business, Technology, and Operations. This cross-functional, highly-visible role, is the central hub to key stakeholders across various functions such as Marketing, Analytics, Credit, and Legal/Compliance.
- 2-4 years of experience working in a Product or UIUX role.
- End-to-end Product experience in requirements gathering, working with developers, use case testing, and implementing tech solutions.
- Experience with UIUX particularly in design, wireframes, functionality, use cases, mobile vs. desktop considerations, etc.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Familiarity with SQL, Periscope, Tableau, or other similar tools.
- Experience within the financial services industry is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated quantifiable, high-impact achievements in previous roles.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset with high intent on delivering impactful eventualities. Keen focus on execution.
- Ability to multitask, execute quickly, and get things done.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems and create robust, scalable solutions.
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical findings with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Chicago candidates preferred.
Competitive Salary And Benefits Package Including
- Competitive Benefit package.
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.