We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
- Work with departments across the company to develop ideas through the product development lifecycle including design, development, testing, productization and launch.
- You will report directly to the Director, Product in this role.
- Suggest and implement new strategies and tools to improve customer experience and increase efficiency
- through collaboration with several diverse teams.
- Use data to identify needs, tell the story about your successful launch, and continue to A/B test new iterations. Be at home with Bayes’ theorem for statistical testing.
- Lead with a “Customer First” perspective by always putting end user experience first in all scenarios -- B2C, B2B, or “B2E” (internal to our employees).
- Have a passion for building impactful technology solutions that can range from add-on features on our native Salesforce platform, or complex custom microservices.
- Add to our mission of being socially responsible by crafting experiences that improve the financial lives of our customers.
- Conduct mystery shopping competitive intelligence to figure out what we should be doing that we are not already doing. Harness customer feedback through surveys to improve our products
- Mentor junior team members and help build out Product team.
- Product is the intersection of Business, Technology, and Operations. This diverse, visible role, is the central hub to important partners across departments such as Marketing, Analytics, Credit, and Legal/Compliance.
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 2 years of work experience, including direct experience working in a Product or UIUX role
- End-to-end Product experience in requirements gathering, working with developers, use case testing, and implementing tech solutions.
- Experience with UIUX particularly in design, wireframes, functionality, use cases, mobile vs. desktop considerations, etc.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Familiarity with SQL, Periscope, Tableau, or other similar tools.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems and create robust, scalable solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Chicago candidates preferred.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.