We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing FinTech company that provides accessible and simple-to-understand lending products for middle-income consumers with five-star customer service. We’re growing fast with profitable returns, and new employees can make an immediate impact.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the chance to challenge the FinTech status quo.
What you get to do:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help develop our applications and services for our product portfolio. Specifically, the Senior Software Engineer will enhance, improve, develop & maintain back-end services used across our entire technology platform. We are looking for a Software Engineer that is proficient with Ruby on Rails. As a team member, you will get to…
- Contribute to the development of our product portfolio, built with Ruby, Amazon Web Services, and PostgreSQL.
- Collaborate with business and technical professionals across the organization to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and multiple development environments as needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Continue to learn new tools and languages. We take development seriously! Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books and materials….we want you to grow your skills with us.
- Mentor other junior members as the organization and team grows.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience interpreting and refining our goals into relevant requirements, having delivered large-scale projects from concept to production.
- At least 7+ years of experience using a modern programming language. You’re already proficient in Ruby but lack of it won’t automatically disqualify you; our collective team background includes Ruby, Python, Java, Node.js, Erlang and C++. Show us you solved non-trivial engineering problems with your language and we’ll be interested in you.
- 4+ years of experience developing systems with Amazon Web Services technologies; Lambda/API Gateway experience a big plus.
- 7+ years of experience with Test-driven Development (TDD).
- 7+ years of experience building Restful API’s and consuming 3rd party API’s.
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker a plus if you have it. Git experience preferred
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business and celebrated our fourth straight year on the Inc. 500. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation=.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.