Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
!Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us!
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be a part of the Quality Engineering (QE) team, testing applications and services for our rapidly expanding product portfolio. Specifically, the Software Engineer in Test will build from scratch automated tests to support our build pipelines and automated deployments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Construct test plans for our products and backend services/APIs, based upon requirements.
- Collaborate with Business Operations and the Development teams to ensure the test plans are accurate and well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and various development environment documentation as needed.
- Using a data-driven approach, you will create automated tests using Ruby/Cucumber for backend services/APIs and the User Interface.
- Continue to learn new tools and languages as the organization grows.
Qualifications and Skills:
As a Software Engineer in Test, we are seeking those who can effectively collaborate with various teams and work independently. A successful member of our QE team will learn and understand the overall business objectives. The QE team is contributing to the overall health of the services/products we provide for our customers.
- A sense of understanding of the overall business objectives and service we provide to our customers.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the team, various departments, as well as work independently.
- Experience executing deliverables within an Agile environment.
- Strong experience with at least one test automation framework such as Cucumber, RSpec, JUnit, TestNG, or Robot Framework.
- A Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field is required.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.).
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Free health benefit options.
- Intramural sports leagues
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access
- Sharpen the knife: Attend conferences and courses to keep your mind sharp
- Equal opportunity employer