We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing FinTech company that provides accessible and simple-to-understand lending products for middle-income consumers with five-star customer service. We’re growing fast with profitable returns, and new employees can make an immediate impact.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the chance to challenge the FinTech status quo.
What you get to do:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be an essential member of a dynamic team, you will be part of our AWS cloud deployment platform, “automating all the things”, to support our flourishing product portfolio.
- Write scripts and code to automate the provisioning of AWS services and to configure services, using tools and languages including AWS CLI / API, Terraform, Python, Bash, and Git.
- Help implement monitoring and log aggregation approaches to notify partners of issues and communicate metrics.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments.
- Help implement security strategies in compliance with government and other regulations (such as PCI-DSS).
- Document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments.
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments.
What you will bring to the team:
- An understanding of Linux administration including Bash scripting
- Networking expertise including VPCs, SDNs (e.g., Amazon / Azure) / VLANs, routers and firewalls
- Familiarity with at least one IAC / CM tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience developing or deploying Docker Containers on ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL, using RDS-PostgreSQL or other DBMS
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Sumologic, FluentD, ELK, Splunk
- Familiarity with at least one code build/deploy tool such as Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild / CodeDeploy
- A bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business and celebrated our fourth straight year on the Inc. 500. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation=.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.