We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What We Are Looking For
OppLoans has grown exponentially over the past 3+ years, with no signs of slowing down. We are looking to add a VP of Operations to our executive ranks to grow our operations and enhance our operational efficiency. You will oversee our “North Star” KPIs - funding rate, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency - and deploy a suite of best-in-class strategies to improve these metrics to scale and transform the business. You will be the focal point for important partners across all departments - Sales, Credit, Marketing, Finance, Product, Technology, Legal and Compliance.
What you get to do:
- Build strategy: Develop a compelling service strategy for how to support our customers across all stages of their journey to maximize speed, transparency and efficiency. Create and implement the roadmap of initiatives to drive our growth.
- Promote operational excellence: Ensure consistency of execution across the Sales, Underwriting and Service teams. Reimagine and redesign processes to maximize conversion and increase the effectiveness of our Contact Center. Launch programs that reduce customer friction, decrease costs and reduce or eliminate manual processes. Refine these processes to enhance our operations and improve the customer experience.
- Own business-critical KPIs: Obsess over and manage our “North Star” KPIs - funding rate, instant bank verification rate, decision rate, contact rate, and other related metrics. Lead the instrumentation and daily monitoring of operational processes to identify issues before they arise and respond quickly to resolve issues when they arise. Implement systematic controls to reduce operational risk and ensure stability and reliability of service.
- Drive Analytics & Automation: Grow our loan automation efforts and launch intelligent algorithms that automate decision-making, customer routing, and call strategies. Build on our culture of “Data + Action” by translating data insights into tangible initiatives. Lead our Data Science team and empower them to drive deep insights and operational transformation. Hire top-tier talent to further build these high-performing teams.
- Introduce next-generation technologies: Identify the next generation of technology tools for our company, including Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Speech Analytics, Alexa/Conversational UI, and others. Stay up-to-date with essential trends and industry insights by keeping a close pulse on our competitive landscape.
- Maximize omni-channel effectiveness: Lead our omni-channel efforts across phone, email, text, chat, and chatbot to create a communications strategy to enhance the customer journey. Find the balance between deflecting unnecessary interactions to our Contact Center vs. providing a five-star personal experience that keeps customer engagement and satisfaction high.
- Create a culture of Continuous Improvement: Use existing process reengineering / continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.) to create a culture where everyone is looking to improve the customer experience and reduce “waste”..
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction: Partner with Product, Sales and Service to improve upon our industry-leading NPS and Customer Ratings. Help build Voice of the Customer functionality using existing platforms, including Review Trackers, BirdEye and Delighted, and new technologies and platforms.
What you will bring to the team:
- 10+ years of operational experience. Call Center experience is preferred, especially omni-channel contact experience across phone, email, text, chat, and chatbot.
- 5+ Management Consulting experience from a top-tier firm and direct experience in Operations or Process Improvement, including automation.
- 5+ years of managing high-performing teams.
- FinTech experience preferred.
- Knowledge of contact center technologies, including telephony, workforce management/optimization, omni-channel communications, virtual assistants, speech analytics, and others.
- Experience in Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma is a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- MBA preferred
- Executive, reporting directly to COO
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.