Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
What you get to do:
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of payroll processing, analytics and reporting as well as the accounting for payroll related accounts. Specific tasks include:
- Design the payroll review process from end to end ensuring proper controls, documentation and segregation of duties
- Lead the execution of bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage full payroll cycle from start to finish which will include varying employee types (e.g., exempt, non exempt, seasonal, temp) employees
- Lead firm-wide communication of all payroll related matters (projected 400 employees by year end)
- Responsible for multi state and local tax filing requirements
- Assist with integration of payroll system with 401K and other agencies
- Create new earning codes and deduction codes that follow IRS and state regulations
- Ensure payroll is compliant with federal, state and local regulations
- Calculate month end wage accruals
- Calculate mid-period and manual wages
- Review quarterly and annual payroll tax returns as well as annual W2 filings
- Process 401k contributions and deductions
- Assist with annual 401k audit
- Review and file annual 5500 report
- Serve as backup for accounts payable function
- Post journal entries, complete account reconciliations, and manage select ledger accounts across multiple entities
- Review and analyze general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment, to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded
- Prepare information requests for annual and interim financial audits
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal processes and controls to continuously improve the financial reporting process
- Familiarity and working knowledge of general ledger systems
- Interface with Controller and Assistant Controller to manage reporting / filings
- Assist Controller and CFO during budgeting and forecasting processes
What you will bring to the team:
- 5+ years of work experience in accounting or human resources. Prior payroll experience required.
- Detail and process oriented with excellent follow-up skills and low tolerance for errors
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and troubleshoot without direction
- The willingness to take on new tasks and broadened scope of responsibilities
- Thrives in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, most importantly Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Proficient in payroll software, experience with Namely is a plus
- Proficient in accounting software, experience with Sage Intacct is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is required.
- Knowledge of FLSA requirements
- Knowledge of DOL regulations
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is a plus
- Competitive Benefit package.
- Free PPO Medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.