We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
The Sr. Manager, Training and Development plays an essential role in establishing and defining the design of the internal training curriculum. Reporting to the Director of Originations Enablement they will identify the appropriate methodologies to provide tactical training and targeted learning strategies including e-learning, self-study, and instructor lead curricula. Additionally, they will be a people leader leading a team of training managers and training associates.
- Manage, direct and lead a team of training associates and instructional designers
- Facilitate and manage training and development activities for employees. Develop tools and processes; including implementations strategies, and content strategies
- Build the training experience and understand how we can maximize learning; address the unique learning styles and needs of our internal staff
- Promote efforts in all aspects of employee development
- Develop internal training structure, roles, responsibilities and measures for successful learning outcomes
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand needs; develop all training plans, materials, content, and delivery methods
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to develop appropriate training that directly improves the customer experience
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training outcomes, assess the quality of training events to improve learning activities
- Considers and has experience with alternative methods to traditional instructor-led training
What you will bring to the team:
- 5-7+ years in a training management role
- 3-5+ years of people management experience
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, LMS, and other learning tools
- Advanced knowledge of training methodologies and adult learning theory
- Strong knowledge of instructional design and blended learning techniques
- Advanced organizational and project management skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced facilitation and presentation skills
- Continuous process improvement methodology
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.