We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing FinTech company that provides accessible and simple-to-understand lending products for middle-income consumers with five-star customer service. We’re growing fast with profitable returns, and new employees can make an immediate impact.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the chance to challenge the FinTech status quo.
The OppLoans Legal Team is a fast-paced, high-performing team looking for an equally driven teammate. You’ll have the chance to work as an integral part of the business, gain exposure to a wide variety of subject matter, and develop an understanding of how an in-house legal department operates and interacts within the business.
What you get to do:
- Contract review, including customer and vendor agreements.
- Provide strategic support for legal, compliance and risk groups.
- Partner closely with the business stakeholders in ongoing projects in a legal support function.
- Research various areas of law and draft memos for use and implementation by our company.
- Help draft policies and procedures used to ensure compliance with laws relevant to the financial services space.
What you will bring to the team:
- Completed your 2nd year of law school before summer 2020 (expected JD - Spring 2021).
- Demonstrated academic achievement at the law school level.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment in a burgeoning area of the financial services industry.
- Contract drafting coursework or experience a plus.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access. We offer a great compensation and benefits package for full-time employees to support you at work and outside of work as you grow your career with us. These include a free gym membership, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks available, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.