We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
You'll report directly to our Assistant Controller. The Staff Accountant will oversee many aspects of accounting and finance including bank and account reconciliations, month-end and year-end close, and other tasks and projects.
- Manage assigned accounting responsibilities
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Post journal entries, complete account reconciliations, and manage select ledger accounts across multiple entities
- Analyze general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment, to ensure that financial transactions are recorded
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Prepare information for financial audits
- Help develop internal processes to improve the financial reporting process
- Keep organized records
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative office responsibilities
- Familiarity and working knowledge of general ledger systems
- Work with departments to determine workflows and resolve issues
- Assist Controller and Assistant Controller with monthly closing process
- Collaborate with Controller and Assistant Controller to manage reporting / filings
- Ad-hoc financial analysis including potential for inter-department projects
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 2 years of work experience in accounting/financial reporting, public accounting experience a plus
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Ability to adapt to multiple cloud based/on line financial platforms to execute reports
- Reconciliation skills
- The willingness to take on new tasks and broaden scope of responsibilities
- Proficient in Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Proficient in accounting software, experience with Sage Intacct a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.