We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
- At OppLoans, our ecosystem of data processes is growing and becoming more complex (in a good way). You will report to our Director, Operations, and lead our analytics team in analyzing our business to improve processes and maximize conversion rate. You will never stop asking, “How can we do this better?”
- As a data scientist, you love exploration, modeling, optimization, and telling compelling stories through analyses. You are comfortable with technology systems, and your first instinct is to dive in.
- Build algorithms into our existing systems, such as automated decision-making, customer routing, and call strategies. Grow our suite of automation capabilities and decision-making projects/algorithms/services.
- Develop predictive machine learning and statistical models to understand customer and agent behavior. Enthusiastically improve our business by analyzing every type of data you can get your hands-on, and finding ways to get new data. Extract meaningful conclusions from the data and communicate those findings to different audiences.
- Lead the daily trending analyses of our key indicators. Improve our automated monitoring systems. Improve data visualizations and democratize knowledge about how our business is operating.
- Source and implement fresh technology solutions that expand our Analytics toolkit.
- This diverse, visible role, is the central hub of important partners across departments such as Sales, Marketing, Credit, and Technology.
What you will bring to the team:
- 4+ years of experience in data science and analytics.
- Experience extracting information from data and implementing strategic recommendations.
- Experience with SQL/R/Python, data cleaning, data visualization, and building/applying both supervised and unsupervised machine learning data models.
- Technical skills that are a plus include NLP, Markov chains / Petri nets, AWS, Java, and Clojure.
- Undergraduate degree in STEM or analytics field Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in a high-growth startup and/or the financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience leading a team of data scientists and analysts.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- No relocation assistance provided; local Chicago applicants preferred.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.