Business Intelligence Analyst/Associate
OppLoans - 130 East Randolph Street, Chicago, IL, USA
We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
- Analyze our business to improve processes and maximize conversion rate. You will never stop asking, “How can we do this better?”
- Absorb and analyze data, to tell compelling stories through your analyses.
- Combine and analyze both structured and unstructured data to create meaningful analyses.
- Extract, segment and report on data in clear graphs, charts and other visualizations. Provide strategic recommendations based on the data to improve our business.
- Lead the daily trending analyses of our KPIs.
- Enhance our automated monitoring systems, and forge better visualization frameworks to increase the accessibility of our data.
- Help build algorithms that breathe more intelligence into our existing systems, such as automation for decision-making, customer routing, and call strategies.
- Be unafraid to break existing rules, re-imagine new processes, and build them.
- You will be the intersection of Business, Data, and Operations. This cross-functional, visible role, is the central hub to important partners across various departments such as Sales, Marketing, Credit, and Technology.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 1-4 years of experience in data analytics. Experience with SQL/R/Python and data visualization tools such as Periscope, Tableau, etc.) Experience building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models is a plus.
- Experience in a high-growth startup and/or the financial services industry is a plus.
- Excited to learn and identify opportunities to translate data analysis into action.
- Have quantifiable achievements in previous roles.
- All-around “athlete” who is curious, analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Must already be authorized to work in the USA
- No relocation assistance provided; local Chicago applicants preferred.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country.OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.