We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, this visible and engaged position will join the People team. The HR Business Partner (HRBP) role contributes to Opploan’s performance by providing tactical support for employee relations issues and strategic consulting on people strategies and solutions. You will build partnerships across the organization to provide value-added service to management and employees that promote the goals of the organization. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on people-related issues, while assessing and anticipating, and partnering with the business to address future needs. The successful HRBP is an employee champion, communicating needs proactively with our People department and business leaders.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; leads objective investigations including employee terminations.
- Provide daily coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy application.
- Consult regularly with management and conduct weekly meetings to offer guidance on employee concerns and needs.
- Conduct training for managers and employees.
- Evaluate issues, patterns, and trends to provide insight to the business on people solutions and programs.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships and build morale and engagement to increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to daily management of employees and reducing legal risk. Partner with the legal department as needed.
- Design processes that support successful change and transformation.
What you will bring to the team:
- Required: BA/BS degree in Human Resources Management or Psychology.
- Required: 5+ years of HRBP experience in a high-growth company with minimum 2 years serving as an HRBP for a customer service or sales organization.
- Employee relations skills and experience.
- High degree of ethics, professionalism and objectivity.
- Ability to make recommendations to resolve issues.
- Desire to learn and apply skills to solve our problems.
- Ability to influence employees and leaders at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Desire to foster strong team morale, share wins and successes, and promote open dialogue.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.