Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenge and opportunities to make impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
OppLoans is seeking a Manager, Compensation and HRIS to lead the design of our compensation philosophy and framework and to build and implement our HR technology roadmap for the company. As a key leader on the People Team, you will have an opportunity to build sustainable, high-impact programs from the ground up that support the growth of the company. You will have deep experience with sales operations programs and variable compensation. You will work closely with the sales leaders, finance, HR, and other teams to administer our incentive compensation policies and program. You will also own Benefits and have one direct report who is a Benefits Specialist leading all administration and resolution for employee benefits.
- Build a compensation philosophy and framework; conduct internal and external market research, analyze competitive position and market trends, recommend and develop salary structures, equity adjustments, and develop variable pay programs.
- Lead cyclical salary planning, merit, and incentive plan components of the overall compensation system and address continuous needs related to job evaluation and evolving salary structure.
- Design, implement, and report on all compensation, incentive, and benefit plans, programs and policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and local laws related to compensation and associated taxes while establishing competitive plans.
- Create and deliver training to HR, managers, and employees on compensation philosophy, trends and practices.
- Counsel and partner with HR and management teams on compensation matters by conducting job analysis, competitive benchmarking and structuring of new hire and promotion offers.
- Continually research and evaluate market pay levels and trends and participate in appropriate surveys to develop programs and pay to best attract, retain and engage talent and support pay strategies and initiatives.
- Lead HRIS initiatives from conception to implementation.
- Propose short and long-term HRIS technology strategies and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff, both internal and external, to achieve required HRIS results.
- Identify opportunities for enhancement of current systems, resources and processes for improved efficiency, quality, timeliness, and accuracy of HR functions; optimize data and reporting.
- Manage one direct report who oversees the administration of all employee benefits.
What you will bring to the team:
- Minimum of 5 years of compensation and benefits experience in a fast paced company in tech and/or sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master's Degree preferred in a relevant field).
- Strong experience in designing and evolving compensation programs including building pay structures, job profiles/leveling as well as bonus and equity plans with targeted experience building sales incentive compensation programs.
- Experience in HRIS preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and very detail-oriented.
- Ability to coach, support, and inspire a team and lead tough feedback and performance conversations.
- Sense of urgency and a bias to action.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with an understanding of when to escalate issues.
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership, and a proactive approach.
- Passion for working with managers and employees to deliver innovative solutions.
- Confidence in handling ambiguity, impeccable judgment, and sense of pragmatism.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to work through conflict and resistance to identify win/win solutions.
- Competitive Benefit package
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.