We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
The Payment Processing Analyst will be held to a new set of standards within the Financial Service Industry. As a member of the Customer Advocate team, the Payment Processing Analyst will manage all processes involved in daily payment processing activities. The analyst’s specific job responsibilities are as follows:
- In this role you will report to our Transaction Processing Manager
- Perform daily payment processing activities observing established standard operating procedures
- Scan and perform logging of incoming checks through multiple sources
- Front-end payment processing including acceptance of payments from different sources and processing through our loan servicing platform
- Work with the finance department to ensure deposits of incoming checks
- Review, prioritize, and provide timely and accurate responses to tasks, email, etc.
- Think critically and analyze information on various situations and make appropriate recommendation on actions
- Exception processing to determine if any payments were misapplied and correcting them promptly
- Work with other team members and 3rd parties to resolve research issues and processing exceptions
What you will bring to the team:
- High School Diploma required. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Exceptional problem/issue resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis, prioritizing tasks, and managing timeline deliverables.
- Successful team player, able to work collaboratively and share project timelines.
- Comfortable making decisions in the moment, demonstrated ability to do so.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.