Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row of making the Inc. 500 list of the nation’s fastest growing companies. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $130 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us! As the business continues to grow quickly, we are always looking to bring on future leaders as we take the next step in our journey. We added over 100 FTEs in 2018 and plan to do the same in 2019.
- BizOps is the intersection of Business, Product, and Operations. In this cross-functional, highly visible role, you will be part of a central hub to key stakeholders across various functions such as Legal, Compliance, Credit, Technology, and Analytics.
- This role specifically focuses on Operational Compliance, which includes the identification, design, and implementation of operational process improvements as well as system controls to reduce potential compliance risk.
- Work closely with Sales, Underwriting, and Collections teams to ensure policies and activities are in line with company guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Candidate will be the SME reconciliation/remediation & will be expected to lead these efforts:
- Coordinating execution of remediations.
- Managing a calendar of remediation & ad-hoc efforts.
- Creating a robust tracking & monitoring central hub focusing on remediation efforts.
- Designing and implementing long-term corrective action plans that reduce operational risk exposures.
- Proactive mindset and ability to create and execute strategy enhancements, including:
- Creating proactive monitoring system alerts that identify remediation breaks.
- Enhancing product level features when applicable.
- Own a weekly communication to key stakeholders summarizing the action items/project updates & follow-ups of high risk items.
- Lead the refund process by partnering with finance, credit and accounting.
- Drive internal process changes to completion by collaborating with training, operations and key stakeholders to successfully role changes to the floor.
- Stay abreast of key trends and industry insights to prevent future potential compliance exposure.
- Compliance or operations experience required.
- Strong understanding of the CloudLending SF platform.
- Extremely organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Knowledge of relevant lending laws & regulatory agencies or curiosity to learn required.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, purposefully strategic and has a passion for reducing firmwide exposure.
- Highly analytical & data focused.
- Tech Product experience in requirements gathering, working with developers, use case testing, and implementing tech solutions strongly preferred.
- Intermediate degree of proficiency working with data. Familiarity with Excel, SQL, Periscope, and other similar tools preferred.Ability to multi-task, execute quickly, and get things done.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems, and create smart solutions.
- Passion for continuous innovation and improvement of business processes.
- Resourceful, tactful, motivated and collaborative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical findings and working with key stakeholders.
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Free health benefit options.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.).
- Dual monitors and stand-up work stations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.