We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
The Software Engineering team contributes to the development and improvement of the services we provide for our customers. Reporting to the manager of back-end software engineering, you will develop back-end services used across our entire technology platform.
- Contribute to the development of our product portfolio built with Clojure, Amazon Web Services, and PostgreSQL.
- You will partner with business and technical professionals to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework to contribute to architecture and development environments.
- We want you to grow your skills with us! Start on or before 11/21/2019 and we’ll bring you to Clojure/conj 2019 along with our other developers. Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books, and materials.
- Mentor other junior members as the team grows.
What you will bring to the team:
- 8+ years of experience software development experience, including professional or personal development experience with functional programming
- Experience using one or more modern programming languages. Show us you’ve solved non-trivial engineering problems with your language and we’ll be interested in you. Our collective team background includes Clojure/Lisp, Ruby, Python, Java, Node.js, Erlang and C++; bonus if you already have some proficiency in Clojure.
- Experience developing systems with Amazon Web Services technologies; Lambda/API Gateway experience a big plus.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) in an Agile environment.
- Experience building Restful API’s and consuming 3rd party API’s.
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker is a plus.
- Experience interpreting and refining company goals into requirements, having delivered large-scale projects from concept to production
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business and celebrated our fourth straight year on the Inc. 500. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.