We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing FinTech company that provides accessible and simple-to-understand lending products for middle income consumers with five-star customer service. We’re growing fast with profitable returns, and new employees can make an immediate impact.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize hard work, collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the chance to challenge the FinTech status quo.
What you get to do:
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be a part of the software development team as the Expert of testing. You will be testing applications for our flourishing product portfolio. Specifically, the Software Engineer in Test will build from scratch automated tests to support our build pipelines and automated deployments.
- Collaborate with the product team designing solutions.
- Assess the risk of new solutions, and draft test plan to reduce those risks.
- Help prioritize stories that improve the feedback gathered from the system.
- Provide expertise to the Development team on testing practices.
- Pair/mob with the development team to design, write, test, and commit code.
- Participate with the Development team in designing and maintaining the code integration, build, and deployment processes.
- Lead the development of the tools and implementation of Post Deployment and ongoing “Tests in Production.”
What you will bring to the team:
- 5+ years Experience building deliverable's within an Agile environment.
- Experience with at least one test automation framework such as Cucumber, RSpec, JUnit, TestNG, or Robot Framework.
- Experience designing test tables and observable systems.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business and celebrated our fourth straight year on the Inc. 500. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation=.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.