We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
The Capital Markets Analyst is an essential member of the Finance team to support our management of liquidity and working capital. Given that cash is our "inventory," you will help lead the long-term financial trajectory of the firm. You will focus on other essential functions, including covenant compliance reporting for our best in class lending partners, modeling cash flow projections under several capital structure scenarios, and funding allocation optimization.
- Develop financial models for liquidity and cashflow management.
- Analyze cash capacity and guide the strategy for loan originations.
- Partner with senior management in enhancing our capital market strategy.
- Daily relationship management with our lenders.
- Create forecasting tools for covenant compliance.
- Prepare investor, Board and management presentations.
- Prepare borrowing bases/monthly servicing reports.
- Automate/improve manual processes.
- Develop internal dashboards.
What you will bring to the team:
- Advanced Excel - Pivot Tables/VLookups, experience working with large datasets.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other quantitative degree.
- Familiarity with accounting/forecasting concepts.
- Great organizational skills/ability to keep up with multiple deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis.
- Ability to clearly communicate and organize analysis to present to senior management.
- Adaptability to changes and ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Experience with ABS, securitization, asset based lending, debt capital markets a plus.
- Bonus skills: experience with SQL/any other programming language, experience with data analysis.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.