Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have facilitated almost a billion dollars of loans since our inception and surpassed $130 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we project to double revenue, while maintaining profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
!Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Business Operations (BizOps)
BizOps is the intersection of Business, Product, and Operations. The Analyst / Associate, Business Operations role is a cross-functional, highly-visible role, that will be the central hub to key stakeholders across various functions such as Credit, Marketing, Technology, etc.
- Junior level data scientist who loves to build models, software, projects, and solutions. Analyze data, create value, align team members, and get things done. Tackle ambiguous and complicated problems, and create rigorous solution methodologies.
- Understands and combines data from a variety of data sources to create meaningful analyses. Reports, extracts, segments, summarizes, and analyzes organizational data creating clear and meaningful graphs, charts and other visualizations.
- Research and recommend targets for key metrics and performance indicators using external benchmarks and internal data. Create predictive and statistical models to understand customer and agent behavior. Develop ML models and algorithms, together with the Technical teams, that tackle customer and credit problems.
- Write programming code in SQL, Python, R or similar to extract, merge, combine, analyze, and ultimately visualize and present datasets. Additional programming experience in Java and Clojure is a plus.
- Creative and imaginative problem solver who’s excited to learn and identify opportunities and who’s instinct is to take action and make improvements for the business and the team.
- Communication / Other
- Able to work independently and in teams. Resourceful, tactful, and motivational influencer who collaborates with other analytics team members and departments to understand operational, system, and sales processes to makes performance improvement recommendations. Gather business requirements for analytics projects and products with minimal direction and oversight.
- Communicate data-driven decisions, best practices, and results to customers in a clear and compelling manner, using written, verbal, and other mediums. Take ownership and responsibility in defining the direction of the business.
- General understanding of computer systems and programming languages in order to develop and deploy solutions across multiple platforms. Ability to deploy solutions to the cloud.
- Source and diligence new / innovative technology vendors that expand our Analytics toolkit. Maintain and grow our analytics infrastructure.
- Must already be authorized to work in the USA.
- No relocation assistance provided, local Chicago applicants preferred.
- 1-4 years experience with the majority in a data analytics or data science capacity.
- Past experience in a high-growth startup is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree from top tier university. Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Programming experience required - SQL / Python / R.
- Additional programming experience in Java and Clojure a plus.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Must have experience both in deep analytics as well as implementing strategic recommendations based on those analyses – “Data + Action.”
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Periscope, Tableau, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical findings to key stakeholders.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Free health benefit options.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.).
- Dual monitors and stand-up work stations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.