We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
- In this role, you will report to the Manager, Complaints on the Operational Risk team.
- Resolve and log customer complaints that are received by phone, email, and online communications (chat, social media, complaint websites, third parties, lawyers, etc.).
- Manage resolution of complaints within a given timeframe.
- Partner with the Complaint Team (Regulatory Compliance) to ensure all operational related complaints are logged and reported on.
- Provide support and insight to all customer complaints received by the business.
- Assist the Manager of Complaints with determining and analyzing the cause of customer complaints.
- Identify training or individual coaching opportunities and work with the Training Team to develop best customer service practices.
- Help compile monthly reporting for Leadership.
What you will bring to the team:
- Associates degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred or 1-2 years relevant work experience.
- Experience at a bank or high-growth FinTech is preferred.
- Knowledge of financial regulations (FDCPA, UDAAP, FCRA, etc.)
- Skills in Salesforce, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and taking on new projects.
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself.
- Ability to maintain objective point of view.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Ability to apply creative solutions to complex problems.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.