We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
OppLoans’ Corrective Action Program, traditionally known as an Issue Management Program, is our process for escalating, risk rating, and addressing any and all system issues, process deficiencies, procedural oversights, and control weaknesses which may expose the company to regulatory risk (also known as “compliance issues”). You will report directly to the Corrective Action Manager within the Compliance Department and will frequently have exposure to C-Level Executives.
What you get to do:
- Optimize the Corrective Action Program by identifying areas in the process flow that can be improved upon and propose and lead efforts to implement resulting changes.
- Research escalated issues to pinpoint possible causes and the customer population affected and the impact they may have experienced.
- Assess the material significance and relevance of identified compliance risks.
- Collaborate with multiple department leaders in other departments, such as Product, Operations, Marketing, Credit, Finance, and Technology, to identify solutions that reduce identified compliance risk while minimizing business impact.
- Partner with our Legal and Operational Risk teams to oversee the formulation and implementation of customer remediation efforts.
- Conduct trend analysis for Corrective Action reporting provided to our CEO and the Executive team.
- Review business-proposed changes to products and processes for relevant compliance considerations.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced members of the team.
- Take on and lead other projects purposed towards the prevention, detection, mitigation, or assessment of regulatory risk as assigned.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years experience in a consumer compliance-oriented role; preferably in an issue management and/or compliance advisory function.
- Intermediate to strong knowledge of state and federal regulations and binding industry rules; UDAAP, ECOA, EFTA, E-SIGN, FCRA, FDCPA, GLBA, MLA, SCRA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, BSA, U.S. Bankruptcy Code, PCI, and NACHA.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Data analysis skills.
- Interpersonal skill navigating different types of personalities and business environments.
- Experience identifying areas of opportunity and improvement.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.