We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
- Be the product expert and strategist to translate market trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence and OppLoans intellectual property into new deliverables
- Lead with a “Customer First” perspective by always putting end user experience first in all scenarios -- B2C, B2B, or “B2E” (internal to our employees).
- Lead and engage with an experienced staff to conceive, design and develop thoughtful financial products and platforms
- Develop and deliver on high-level business requirements and be a steward of the product management discipline for your team.
- Have a passion for building impactful technology solutions that can range from add-on features on our native Salesforce platform, or complex bespoke microservices.
- Harness customer feedback through surveys, split testing and data studies to improve and fine-tune our Products.
- Add to our mission of being socially responsible by crafting experiences that improve the financial lives of our customers.
- Mentor junior team members and help build out Product team.
What you will bring to the team:
- 8+ years of relevant and progressive experience in product management- preferably in FinTech
- 3+ years of hands-on management experience (leading both individual contributors and managers)
- Experience managing successful product delivery from inception to launch
- An ability to raise the bar on process maturity and innovation within the product team
- Be data driven and customer focused
- Have strong business orientation and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great benefits package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.