We Are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms in the industry. OppLoans offers credit-challenged consumers new pathways to financial opportunity and credit recovery. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns. Employees here have an opportunity to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
As the Senior Manager of Recruiting, you will lead the recruiting team (composed of both tech and non-tech full cycle recruiters) during our second year of hyper-growth. The recruiting team has been incredibly successful thus far. In 2019, we worked quickly to create strong partnerships with business leaders around the company to establish consistent hiring and interview practices, create strategic hiring plans, and drive more informed talent decisions. This year, we’re looking for a recruiting leader to help drive change-management and adoption of those practices, refine our candidate experience and candidate management with data-driven recommendations, and help ensure that diversity in every sense of the word is top of mind for both recruiters and hiring managers. Reporting to the Director of Talent Management and Diversity, you will:
- Develop direct reports and ensure team members are performing optimally through guidance on career growth, performance reviews and continuous rigorous feedback while providing mentorship and guidance to the broader recruiting team
- Create and execute against talent strategies
- Evaluate hiring processes and make changes to streamline and enhance for candidates
- Track metrics and pipeline activity for team and manage reporting on hiring progress out to execs and cross-functional partners
- Innovate ways to build a strong talent pipeline and recruit from a variety of creative resources
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to craft hiring plans and help prioritize open roles against business need and team bandwidth
- Roll up your sleeves and help source, recruit, and close as needed
What you will bring to the team:
- 7 years of technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced company
- 3 years of leadership experience, especially leading recruiting teams
- Experience working internally as a corporate manager of recruiting preferred
- Excitement for searching for unique, niche and highly-recruited tech talent
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches and projects
- Resource management and workforce planning experience
- Experience scaling a team through growth periods
- Adept at communicating business plans well in writing
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.