We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees have an opportunity to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
OppLoans’ Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS function is an important area of the company and our growing People team reporting into the Manager of Compensation & HRIS. We are seeking a, motivated Compensation & HRIS Associate to join our team. You will report directly to the Manager, Compensation & HRIS and will help analyze and strengthen our reward programs, deploying and maintaining HR technology, and developing strategic insights into our People practices.
What you get to do:
- Perform analysis informing the design of variable compensation plans.
- Assist with variable compensation calculations for multiple lines of business.
- Create and maintain dashboards around variable compensation performance and payouts for all areas of the business.
- Assist with role benchmarking for new hires and promotions.
- Troubleshoot access and workflow setup with our HRIS, Namely, and other HR technology systems.
- Ensure data integrity of HRIS systems and update system data for new hires, terminations, and other changes.
- Support HRIS system integrations and ensure we are optimizing our technology in the most efficient manner.
- Develop insights into our people through the creation of metrics and dashboards that assess our talent and their contribution to our results.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources, or another quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience in Compensation and/or HR Analytics
- Intermediate to expert Excel knowledge including Pivot Tables, V-lookups, and other analysis tools.
- Coursework toward Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation a plus.
- Expertise with HRIS systems (we use Namely as our primary HRIS), including HRIS implementation experience a plus.
- Propose creative solutions toward business and people problems.
- Experience with statistical tools and languages such as R and Python a plus.
- Background with HR metrics and analytics, and conveying People data across the business is desired.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.