We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
Customer Service Representatives on the Collections Team are held to a new set of standards being established within the Financial Service Industry. As a member of this team, Customer Advocates have an overall objective of quickly discerning customer payment conflicts and providing the appropriate amount of customer service. This objective will be accomplished while focusing on the customer experience and a true willingness to help re-establish a positive payment history. Functionally applying collections concepts with true customer service allows Customer Advocates to be meaningful contributing members of the OppLoans framework. This also allows Customer Advocates to establish their role as an “advisor” to the customer through education on products and services offered by OppLoans.
- Handling all incoming and outgoing calls in a goal oriented department.
- You will report to Floor Supervisors and Senior Management for the department.
- Providing quality customer service regarding collections issues while maintaining the goal of reducing delinquency.
- Using computer systems to process customer requests about payments or account maintenance.
- Discuss account statuses with customers.
- Applying system data and product knowledge to educate customers about best practices when establishing financial responsibility.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a collections-oriented contact center.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and establish a professional relationship in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.