Real business value.
We are Opex Analytics
Opex Analytics is an artificial intelligence firm partnering with the world’s largest brands to solve their hardest problems using the power of algorithms. Our core strength lies in our ability to build and deploy decision products that fit the needs of each customer. Opex provides an open culture and a focus on continuous learning. Our remarkable team works collaboratively to develop the best solutions for every new problem we face.
Talk to us about joining a team that learns together, plays together, and works as one.
Looking for applicants with both a deep technical background and the ability to apply that expertise to complex business problems across a variety of industries.
As an Operations Research Scientist at Opex Analytics, your ability to communicate effectively and work side by side with our clients is just as important as your technical expertise. Our client project teams act as partners from the initial planning to final deployment of each custom solution we deliver to the business. Your work will also extend beyond algorithms to include solution architecture, data engineering, visualization, testing and more. Most importantly, you will work as part of a unique community of like-minded, intellectually curious Operations Research and Data Scientists, giving you ample opportunity to collaborate and continue learning with your peers for years to come.
- Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or a related field
- Experience building and implementing linear and mixed-integer programming models
- Proficiency with a modeling program such as AMPL, GAMS, or Xpress or a solver such
as CPLEX or Gurobi
- Experience with a programming language such as Python or C++, as well as relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of stochastic systems, probability theory, statistics, and simulation
- Strong communication skills
- Some experience with machine learning and non-linear optimization
- Basic understanding of supply chain concepts such as network design and inventory
- Familiarity with data visualization using tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, R Shiny or D3
Perks of being an Opexer
Utilize your genius- We solve real business problems that have a real impact
Team up- Partner with a group of curious, passionate, and innovative Opexers
Nurture your mind- Never stop learning through our education reimbursement program, tech talks, academy sessions, weekly fun puzzles and more
Your voice matters- With an open culture, your ideas will be heard at any level
We trust you- Enjoy flexible hours and remote opportunities
Family first- Take advantage of our health, vision, dental insurance, parental leave, and parental travel perks for moms and dads
Build relationships- Have fun together through events, games, and outings
Explore the world- We have national and international travel opportunities
Money matters- We understand money does matter, we offer competitive compensation packages, commuter benefits, and cell phone reimbursement
Plan your future- Invest in yourself with our 401K match
Be you- Come to work as yourself with a casual dress code