Operam is looking to hire a full-time copywriter to join our Creative Group in our LA office. Our ideal candidate loves movies and lives/breathes the Internet, is a highly creative, detail-oriented writer who works well in a collaborative setting with strict deadlines. We work with a range of brand and entertainment clients across a variety of digital mediums, so we are looking for someone who has a wide range of experience writing both short- and long-form content and who can create dynamic content that speaks personally and engagingly to multiple audiences.
- Work with a team of creative content makers to brainstorm, concept, and deliver digital-first sharable content for entertainment and brand clients
- Elevate and execute client ideas and asks to create digital series and larger campaigns
- Juggle multiple projects at a time while maintaining keen awareness and attention to detail concerning tone, audience needs, and best practices
- Quickly and effectively work to establish clear voices and POVs for film and product campaigns while taking into account strict creative and platform-specific parameters
- Meet agreed upon deadlines
- Modify campaign copy on a rolling basis to keep up with current events and client asks
- Participate in the development of conceptual ideas and have the ability to translate them into presentable copy for client review
- Regularly interface with creative leadership, producers, and the account team to achieve marketing objectives
- Responsible for presenting concepts to the client
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing, or Journalism preferred
- At least two years of copywriting experience, preferably in digital advertising
- Possess strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding grammar, punctuation, and copy editing skills
- Strong collaborator who works well with a team
- Understand tonal and idiomatic differences between different audience groups
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Adaptable to changing needs and quick turnarounds with strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Deeply aware of cultural issues and current events
- Understanding of social media channels, how each platform is used by fans, social best practices, and knowing when those best practices should be broken
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Google Docs, etc.
Operam is a marketing intelligence and services company, empowering teams with technology and collaboration. We combine the best and brightest marketing scientists, engineers, creatives, and media professionals into a single company. Together we push the boundaries of innovation and give marketers control over their data to make smarter decisions at every level of their business. We believe in empowering human intelligence and driving the future of marketing through technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.