As a Business Development Manager, you will play a key role in supporting key business development initiatives and building our sales pipeline in order to support our rapidly growing SAAS business. As a member of the team, you will research, prospect and create opportunities for the sales team. The BDM very often has the first (and therefore the most important) opportunity to make a positive impression on a potential customer, so you will be responsible for starting an experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow up.
The BDM reports to the VP of Enterprise Sales and works closely with the VP of Marketing. The BDM closely collaborates with the Company’s Marketing and Customer Success Departments.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter, with high energy, results driven, have a team player mentality, and is able to evolve quickly as the business expands. Ability to work independently using judgment and discretion is essential. Familiarity with the marketing intelligence space and a proven track record of effective, credible lead follow up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization are definite pluses.
- Research, prospect and do outreach to targeted accounts and communicate about Operam products via various channels to create sales ready opportunities with measurable markers.
- Engage with the leading Enterprise organizations in the United States who are adopting marketing intelligence platforms.
- Help Account Executives develop and implement business development plans.
- Monitor activities related to the BD plans and help with the execution of tactics.
- Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up and generate interest.
- Become a credible resource and develop trusted relationships with prospects.
- Collaborate with marketing to support successful campaigns and events including preparing/project management of sales presentation materials in advance of business development meetings.
- Create a great first impression to prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Operam products.
- Attend client meetings with senior level sales leaders where applicable.
- Perform review and analysis related to RFPs and implement/design effective processes related to RFPs.
- Research, help arrange, promote and participate in business development outreach events as well as networking opportunities in conjunction with marketing team.
- Work with existing and/or seek out and establish partnerships with outside vendors/partners as needed.
- Heavily utilize CRM to track pipeline, utilize efficiency tools and provide analyzed data to Sales team to help hit key targets and objectives.
- Provide assistance for other business development activities as needed.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in BD related activities including Demand Generation and/or sales calls, 2+ years preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Business or Marketing
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification and objection handling skills
- Solid communication skills – both verbal and written
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time management skills
- Passion for testing, measuring and improving outreach and follow up effectiveness
- Outside client meeting sales experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience using CRM software (Salesforce) a plus and analysis of pipeline
- Candidates must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Must be able to write clearly, and concisely, must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to travel as required for conferences and trade shows.
Operam is a marketing intelligence and services company, empowering teams with technology and collaboration. We combine the best and brightest marketing scientists, engineers, creatives, and media professionals into a single company. Together we push the boundaries of innovation and give marketers control over their data to make smarter decisions at every level of their business. We believe in empowering human intelligence and driving the future of marketing through technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.