Operam has two openings for New Business Directors - West Coast (ideally LA/SF)
Candidates should have vast knowledge and understanding of paid media and extensive sales experience within media agency. Must have existing brand relationships and extensive experience closing large (multi-million dollar) deals directly with brands and have an existing book of business contacts to readily tap into.
Ideal candidates are experienced, extremely driven and excited about how technology is changing the way marketers should be thinking about their advertising and media budgets. They appreciate the analysis of data and can confidently bring in new prospective business into a whole new world of marketing. Candidates should comes to the table with an established library of prospective clients, can proactively target new clients after learning the business and know the right circuits for Operam to work. The positions will work very closely with the CEO of Operam Media to consolidate efforts and communicate effectively to the leadership team + work closely with the entire executive leadership to bring in new business and cross-sell to existing clients.
- MUST HAVE experience selling directly to F500 brands as well as well-known ad agencies
- MUST HAVE confidence in being able to consistently bring in new leads and establish new business for the agency
- MUST HAVE extensive existing relationships and an established library of prospective clients and be able to tap into them
- Build, manage, and prioritize sales pipeline based off of short and long-term revenue opportunities
- Collaborate with executive leadership across Strategy, Media, Marketing to coordinate successful pitches
- Develop a deep understanding of Operam’s media capabilities and how that translates clearly, honestly, and effectively to new business prospects
- Provide strategic prospecting of the right type of client by recognizing the gaps in the marketplace that Operam’s capabilities could fill
- Qualify and coordinate the RFI and RFP process, from soliciting, receiving, and answering strategically
- Set targets for sales and client/agency support
- Maximize revenue by leveraging existing relationships
- Identify industry opportunities that would be good connection points
Skills & Requirements
- A strong understanding of agency capabilities and the ability to persuasively and effectively communicate those opportunities to new clients/new business
- A strong understanding of data-driven, paid media landscape and digital marketing (cross integration)
- Exceptional presentation skills and strong closing abilities
- Able to determine and communicate what the opportunity is with a new client
- Able to anticipate and communicate ongoing needs of clients (and when they change) to the right people
- Strong digital marketing experience
- Works well with a very collaborative team and flourishes in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS degree required
- 7 years of proven sales experience in the media agency space
IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE: Extremely driven and motivated with innate ability to close deals, naturally ambitious, excited about technology, extremely detail oriented & organized, have a strong ability to multitask & manage time effectively, have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Very competitive compensation package with a large upside!
At Operam we combine the best and brightest data scientists, engineers, creatives, and media professionals into one company with offices in LA, Prague, and Bratislava. We utilize machine learning to guide our decisions, real-time data to receive creative insight, and algorithms to continually optimize content.
We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.