Operam is looking to hire a data-driven strategist with experience in a number of disciplines, including qualitative & quantitative research, brand positioning, content creation, social measurement & analytics, and social strategy.
Creative Strategists are responsible for overseeing development of strategy and creative briefings. It is their role to distill data and knowledge to a core proposition that provides a springboard for the creative team to produce marketing ideas that solve communication problems.
The Creative Strategist is a part of a close-knit team, working closely with creative, production, accounts, and marketing science to deliver a solid and confident understanding of audience, culture, tech/media behavior (especially in social) and conversation that inspires execution. A deep understanding of people
The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of strategy experience at an agency or creative company. Experience working direct to brands or in entertainment preferred. Areas of expertise included tracking, market segmentation, brand positioning, and custom research.
The right candidate should love the internet in all its faulty glory.
- Ensures all deliverables required from the strategy group, internally and externally, are provided in an efficient and timely manner
- Fuel the creative process by creating inspiring and impactful strategic products, for internal and client-facing purposes
- Serve as the creative team’s resident culture vulture—both for what is happening at large, particularly on social, and conversations related to our clients
- Manage the day-to-date strategic relationship with clients with accounts by helping them identify strategic and business opportunities
- Drive and manage quant and qual research proposals, brief writing, creative inspiration, analytical activity and media-inspired conversations
- Prepare strategic foundations for brainstorm sessions and client meetings
- Proof, chart, and analyze high-level data to craft strategic storytelling for all projects from entertainment campaigns to activations
- Create standard reports, analyses, and presentations using analytical tools and Google for Business Suite
- Defines opportunities, collects information, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions based drawn from a variety of sources
- Understands and ensures the proper use of all planning tools
- Recommends and implements research that will aid in the consumer insight and strategy process
- Understands all disciplines and communications channels; account, digital/social, creative, production, creative testing, media, etc.
- Exudes positivity while helping lead and drive the drumbeat
- 3 - 5 years of solid experience in creative strategy and development, data strategy, social strategy, or other creative, internet-first fields
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field or equivalent years of experience
- Advertising/Brand, Branded Content, or Editorial writing experience within an agency setting
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research experience including, but not limited to third party research (Comscore, Netbase), impressive Googling, interviews to ascertain insights, and quantitative research.
- Self-directed strategist with outstanding writing and editing abilities
- Ability to create stunning presentations for clients
- At ease presenting and brainstorming creative ideas in a client-facing setting
- Quick thinking and resourceful, with the capability to prioritize and be held accountable for multiple projects with fast turnarounds.
- Highly organized and with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong familiarity with all major social media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Tumblr, LinkedIn, etc.
- Strong familiarity with Google Slides
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and HTML a plus
- Experience applying tech, culture, entertainment, business and social media trends into creative solutions
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Creativity and innovation is essential and must enjoy working in a start-up, performance-oriented environment.
Operam is a marketing intelligence and services company, empowering teams with technology and collaboration. We combine the best and brightest marketing scientists, engineers, creatives, and media professionals into a single company. Together we push the boundaries of innovation and give marketers control over their data to make smarter decisions at every level of their business. We believe in empowering human intelligence and driving the future of marketing through technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.