Operam is a marketing intelligence and services company, empowering teams with technology and collaboration. We combine the best and brightest marketing scientists, engineers, creatives, and media professionals into a single company. Together we push the boundaries of innovation and give marketers control over their data to make smarter decisions at every level of their business. We believe in empowering human intelligence and driving the future of marketing through technology.
Scope of work:
Operam is looking for a passionate, courageous, collaborative Contract Senior Front-End Engineer. We value professionals that balance intelligence with maturity, drive with humility, stress with humor, healthy lack of fear of uncertainty with process and trust in others.
You will be working with our Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Product, Design teams to build and implement new features and user interfaces in our products. Our tools are used by some of the biggest studios in Hollywood, and have a direct impact on the marketing and release of major motion pictures.
Marketing and Advertising technology stack changes all the time. Our mix of technologies is reassessed and tweaked all the time.
- Build scalable web applications to support the growing needs of the business.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the organization to ensure company’s web properties leverage the potential of existing systems and data.
- Collaborate with backend developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams.
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve system performance.
- Conduct research and prototype for challenges and unknowns.
- Creating a great developer experience by designing robust developer, test environments and workflow automation.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and architectural standards.
- Contribute to best practices, workflows, and standards and company knowledge sharing.
- Handle additional related projects as needed.
You are a fit if you have:
- Understand fully, practiced enough and still like React and GraphQL
- Good in and find pleasure in tinkering with CSS and HTML
- Have preference for use of JS/CSS/HTML tooling - Babel, Less/Sass etc. - that allows you to crank maintainable interfaces fast
- Have a cherished stash (InVision etc) of web interfaces designs that you can proudly show off
- Have a passionate story about why you chose a particular test / spec framework ( and why you use it religiously on most of your projects)
- Know about and like to use special markup like ARIA and element test ID attributes
- Understanding of CSS and experience with preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Knowledge of working with REST APIs
- Value Agile XP Practices (Iterative development, Refactoring, TDD/BDD, CI/CD, ...)
- Strong understanding of web page performance and building scalable large web applications
- Familiarity with code versioning tools.
- Experience or interest in working on user-interface related code and a strong attention to details
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Be curious about other languages and platforms (Elixir, Swift, iOS, Go, ...)
- Experience with either relational or nonrelational database systems: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Snowflake or similar
- Strong drive towards continuous learning and tinkering with new toys
- Extreme bias for collaboration and comfort in reliance on other peoples' expertise
- Extreme aversion to "Not Invented Here" kind of thinking. Affection for structured argument supported by rational, written narrative that can be reused for education of others and reference long after you forgot why a given decision was made.
- Good experience communicating with remote departments that work in timezones different from yours.
Preferred industry exposure:
- Ad Tech, Marketing Tech, or Payment Tech.
- Worked with social graph / marketing / advertising / measurement APIs of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google (Adwords, Youtube).
Range starts at $3,000 - $5,500 USD per month.