We are Operam and we are developing algorithms that are being used to distribute Oscar-winning titles across all digital media. We use state-of-the-art technologies to build beautiful products. Not just fancy words, we have metrics that speak for us.
We have high standards and high expectations. Here, everyone has a direct influence on the direction of our products. We really care about our team and we always make sure that every new person brings additional knowledge to the company. In return, you will work very closely with some of the smartest people — ex-CTOs of successful startups, traders from hedge funds and recognized experts on machine learning.
Operam is looking for a passionate, courageous, collaborative Senior Frontend Engineer. We value professionals that balance intelligence with maturity, drive with humility, stress with humor, healthy lack of fear of uncertainty with process and trust in others.
You will be working with our Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Product, Design teams to build and implement new features and user interfaces in our products. Our tools are used by some of the biggest studios in Hollywood, and you'll have a direct impact on the marketing and release of major motion pictures.
Marketing and Advertising technology stack changes all the time. Our mix of technologies is reassessed and tweaked all the time.
You are a fit if you have:
- Understand fully, practiced enough and still like React and GraphQL
- Have preference for use of JS/CSS/HTML tooling - Babel, Less/Sass etc. - that allows you to crank maintainable interfaces fast
- Have a passionate story about why you chose a particular test / spec framework ( and why you use it religiously on most of your projects)
- Know about and like to use special markup like ARIA and element test ID attributes
- Understanding of CSS and experience with preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Good in and find pleasure in tinkering with CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of working with REST APIs
- Value Agile XP Practices (Iterative development, Refactoring, TDD/BDD, CI/CD, ...)
- Strong understanding of web page performance and building scalable large web applications
- Familiarity with code versioning tools.
- Experience or interest in working on user-interface related code and a strong attention to details
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Be curious about other languages and platforms (Elixir, Swift, iOS, Go, ...)
- Experience with either relational or nonrelational database systems: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Snowflake or similar
- Strong drive towards continuous learning and tinkering with new toys
- Extreme bias for collaboration and comfort in reliance on other peoples' expertise
- Extreme aversion to "Not Invented Here" kind of thinking. Affection for structured argument supported by rational, written narrative that can be reused for education of others and reference long after you forgot why a given decision was made.
- Good experience communicating with remote departments that work in timezones different from yours.
Preferred industry exposure:
- Ad Tech, Marketing Tech, or Payment Tech.
- Worked with social graph / marketing / advertising / measurement APIs of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google (Adwords, Youtube).