Life-science holds the solutions to some of the toughest problems facing the globe, issues spanning from health and medicine to food, manufacturing, and the environment. But our pace of biotech innovation is not fast enough to keep up with the need for solutions. We need to accelerate if we are to rise to the challenges that confront us.
Biologists are held back by the need to run their experiments by hand. Manual pipetting is a tedious, error-prone process, and its slowing down science. We believe biologists should be free of monotonous lab work and the repetitive stress injuries that come with it. They should be able to spend their time designing experiments and analyzing data, moving us closer to scientific understanding and the world-changing technologies that follow.
That’s why Opentrons makes robots for biologists that are 10-100x cheaper and easier to use than any lab automation before. Our robots automate experiments that would otherwise be done by hand so our users can spend less time pipetting and more time pursuing answers to the 21st century’s most important questions.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Content Marketing Manager to produce and manage world-class content that tells the story of how life scientists can make the most of their time and resources by using affordable open-source lab automation.
The Content Marketing Manager should be excited to craft and share stories about our users. We are working with scientists who are engineering new DNA nano-machines, creating robotic systems to cure malaria, sequencing the DNA of lions and tigers to protect endangered populations, and building organisms that can clean up oil and chemical spills (to name a few). We are looking for someone who would be thrilled to tell these stories to the world.
While this role demands an amount of direct content authorship, this person will just as often be engaging in-house scientists, customers and external subject matter experts on the development of the actual content. Similarly, while it would be a plus, you are not required to have a background in science to be successful in this role. A background in content marketing for B2B and/or SaaS companies is, however, strongly preferred.
Content will be a primary customer communication medium across sales and marketing initiatives. Consequently, you’ll be expected to work within the context of these initiatives to optimize your content for conversion, engagement and other KPIs.
- You have 4+ years experience in a content marketing role with heavy emphasis on story discovery and development.
- You are an excellent storyteller and will be able to collaborate with experts to craft content about a wide array of life science trends, automation techniques, hacks, thought leaders, and applications.
- You have both excellent writing capabilities and strong business sense. You can author high-quality, relevant content geared toward a technical audience of life scientists.
- You understand and can craft content for various audience segments as well as for audiences in different consideration stages.
- You have an editorial mindset, seeking to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- You naturally think analytically about the performance of your content and collaborate with sales and fellow marketing team members to continually optimize it.
- Develop an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to to drive traffic, engagement, and leads across our audience segments.
- Produce customer-centric written, video, audio and visual content to be used in a wide range of applications, including but not limited to articles for automated email marketing, white papers for lead generation, evergreen materials for organic traffic growth, printed one-sheeters for event collateral, blog posts for segmented remarketing, etc...
- Proactively and independently manage your editorial pipeline to ensure a steady release of high impact content.
- Work with members of the marketing and sales teams to optimize your content for conversion, engagement and other KPIs.
- Test new initiatives that inform the strategic use of content to increase awareness, consumption, loyalty and product activation/usage.
- Follow existing brand voice guidelines and refine these guidelines over time.