Life-science holds the solutions to some of the toughest problems facing the globe, issues spanning from health and medicine to food, manufacturing, and the environment. But our pace of biotech innovation is not fast enough to keep up with the need for solutions. We need to accelerate if we are to rise to the challenges that confront us.
Biologists are held back by the need to run their experiments by hand. Manual pipetting is a tedious, error-prone process, and its slowing down science. We believe biologists should be free of monotonous labwork and the repetitive stress injuries that come with it. They should be able to spend their time designing experiments and analyzing data, moving us closer to scientific understanding and the world-changing technologies that follow.
That’s why Opentrons makes robots for biologists that are 10-100x cheaper and easier to use than any lab automation before. Our robots automate experiments that would otherwise be done by hand so our users can spend less time pipetting and more time pursuing answers to the 21st century’s most important questions.
About the Role
The Opentrons Recruiter will be responsible for creating a strong pipeline of top talent to fill diverse positions on the Opentrons team. We are a growth stage start-up with plans to double in size in the next year, and this role will be a key part of our success. The recruiter should be excited by the prospect of hunting through candidates to find the truly exceptional people, and creating a hiring process that attracts highly talented individuals to join our multi-disciplinary team. This is a role for someone who wants to help shape a truly diverse team that will have an enormous impact on how life-science is done around the world.
- Work with the leadership team and hiring managers to establish organizational goals and recruiting plans.
- Identify, develop, and manage new online and offline applicant sources for both active and passive recruiting.
- Finding highly qualified candidates on sites like LinkedIn, establishing a rapport with them, and encouraging them to apply for a role at Opentrons.
- Establishing in-person recruiting practices by attending meetups and conferences, bringing additional members of the Opentrons team along when appropriate.
- Define and coordinate a positive end-to-end experience for all candidates, from first contact through a decline or onboarding.
- Perform initial phone screens with candidates to asses their qualification and make them excited about opportunities at Opentrons.
- Generally establishing an efficient candidate-centered recruiting process that can scale with our rapidly growing team.
- 2+ years of technical recruiting experience in a high-growth environment.
- Proven success engaging passive candidates, both digitally and in-person.
- Eager to set high team growth goals and meet them (metrics driven).
- Passion for building diverse, high-performing teams.
- Genuine interest in biology and/or robotics.
- Mission oriented and eager to have a large positive impact on the world.