Opentrons makes robots for biologists.
Currently, over 90% of biologists in the world run experiments with manual pipettes, moving tiny amounts of liquid from vial to vial by hand. By making robotics affordable and open, we can help all life-scientists easily execute and share their experiments.
Opentons’ robotics are in use in over 40 countries around world and have been adopted by top-tier institutions like Stanford, Harvard, Merck, and Roche. Opentrons is VC-backed with investors including Khosla Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and Y Combinator.
The Technical Support Representative is responsible for creating great relationships with our customers starting the moment they purchase an Opentrons robot. You will be a key representative of our company, helping customers use what may be their first lab robot to simplify and accelerate their scientific experiments.
In this role, you will help customers learn how to use our robot, provide technical support across both software and hardware, and help customers develop automated protocols for their labwork.
- Work directly with customers over chat, phone, and videoconference to troubleshoot our robot’s software and hardware.
- Support customers in developing automated protocols for their scientific experiments.
- Help develop best practices and tools for a growing Support team and customer base.
- Contribute to a library of written and recorded support content and resources.
- Collaborate with hardware, software, and science team to develop and test new products.
- You have 1+ years of hands-on experience in customer support
- You’re ready to solve robotics problems ranging from hardware to software
- You have experience in Python scripting; Linux command line skills are a major plus.
- You have a knowledge and passion for biology and lab automation, and are excited to get to work with scientists
- You’re able to communicate professionally and relate to customers with varying levels of technical experience, whether on-site on online.
- You have experience with customer support processes and platforms, and can synthesize user feedback and business needs into an actionable, streamlined plans to enable repeatable and consistent processes.
- You’re excited to work on an interdisciplinary team, feel comfortable in a fast-paced problem-solving environment, and love learning quickly and independently on the job.