JOIN OPENSPACE AS A CUSTOMER SUCCESS ASSOCIATE
About us: OpenSpace is a young company started by three veteran tech founders and engineers. Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. 3D Robotics, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year. Philip DeCamp, the CTO, was most recently a machine vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). Michael Fleischman, Chief Scientist, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael’s PhD is also in machine vision from MIT.
All three are MIT grad school buddies and are psyched to build a new company together.
We expect you to have an intensely strong work ethic, positive demeanor, and strong organizational skills. You will be listening to, training and supporting our customers. This will include onsite visits to construction sites (woo!), video calls, emails - whatever is best for our customer to communicate their needs to us.
We believe that if our customers are heard, supported and made successful, we will enjoy side benefits like loyalty, retention and positive word of mouth. But the main job is always focused on making our customers successful in what they do.
This position will be based out of San Francisco.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of customer service software
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically and to own issues
- BS/BA degree
- Bonus points: proven working experience as a customer service manager or retail manager
- Bonus points: Experience in providing customer service support
- Bonus points: experience in construction
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- Lots of growth potential: you are joining us on the ground floor as we scale up
- You'll feel satisfied that you're creating something that people love
- We are working on something awesome! Join us!