JOIN OPENSPACE AS A CUSTOMER SUCCESS ASSOCIATE
About us: OpenSpace is a young company started by three veteran tech founders and engineers. Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. 3D Robotics, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year. Philip DeCamp, the CTO, was most recently a machine vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). Michael Fleischman, Chief Scientist, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael’s PhD is also in machine vision from MIT.
All three are MIT grad school buddies and are psyched to be building their next company together.
We expect you to have an intensely strong work ethic, positive demeanor, and strong organizational skills. You will be listening to, training and supporting our customers. This will include onsite visits to construction sites (woo!), video calls, emails - whatever is best for our customers to communicate their needs to us.
Our Customer Success team builds trust-based relationships with our customers which allow us to understand their goals, needs, and concerns and deliver long-term value. We believe that if our customers are heard, supported and made successful, we will enjoy side benefits like loyalty, retention and positive word of mouth. But the main job is always focused on making our customers successful in what they do.
This position is based in San Francisco.
- Create engaged, happy customers who renew, grow their investment and advocate on our behalf
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Know the product inside and out so you can onboard new customers and provide training and technical support
- Understand customer use cases so you can help educate them on the capabilities of our product and how they can best utilize it for their business needs.
- Document customer service actions and discussions
- Meet and develop relationships with our customers both in-person and online
- Strong client-facing skills enabling you to professionally and effectively represent the company
- Ability to actively listen and communicate clearly
- Highly organized with strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
Bonus Points For….
- Proven working experience as a customer service manager or retail manager
- Experience in customer support/customer success
- Experience in construction
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- Lots of growth potential: you are joining us on the ground floor as we scale up
- You'll feel satisfied that you're creating something that people love
- We are working on something awesome! Join us!
- Onsite visits to construction sites and lots of face time with customers (jobsites are fun!)