OpenSpace is a young company started by three veteran tech founders and engineers. Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. 3DR, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year. Philip DeCamp, the CTO, was most recently a computer vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). Michael Fleischman, Chief Scientist, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael’s PhD is also in AI from MIT.
All three are MIT grad school buddies and are psyched to build a new company together.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a small but growing team that iterates quickly, works closely together and is developing exciting, cutting-edge technology. You will be testing across the full stack, working on all the different components. You will help identify and implement best quality practices and help build our small but growing QA team! You are the kind of person that is stoked to test all the things to help deliver a delightful, robust and (dare I say it) magical systems for end users.
This position will be based in San Francisco.
- Write and execute functional/UI, integration, end-to-end tests and do ad hoc testing
- Execute full-stack testing- mobile, api, web, server, hardware integration, AI
- Be able to effectively multitask, balance multiple priorities and work autonomously with minimal direction.
- Help ship high quality products that people in the real world use!
- 2-10+ years QA experience. This is not an entry level/new grad position.
- Have a “do what needs to be done” attitude
- A fast learner with good problem solving and analytical skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a small team that iterates rapidly
- Effective working with both local and remote teams, solid communication skills
Nice to Have
- Ability to help define and implement automation strategies when/where they make sense, including partnering with the engineering team to integrate test suites into the continuous integration system
- Previous startup experience
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- You'll feel satisfied that you're creating something that people love
- We are working on something awesome! Join us!