OpenSpace is a rapidly growing machine vision and AI company started by three veteran tech founders and engineers. OpenSpace has built a seamless tool that allows anyone - especially builders - to capture Google Streetview style visual records of any space, indoor or out, with no effort. The company is young, but its customers' projects span the globe.
Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. 3D Robotics, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year. Philip DeCamp, the CTO, was most recently a machine vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). Michael Fleischman, Chief Science Officer, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael’s PhD is also in machine vision from MIT.
We expect you to have a wide variety of software skills with a proven track record in shipping high quality web application products. You will be building systems that incorporate cutting-edge machine vision technology being built in-house. You can do a little frontend and a little backend. You are the kind of person that is stoked to build whatever it takes to deliver delightful, robust and (dare I say it) magical systems for end users.
We’re looking for builders who grasp how different technologies hang together, can design and build systems iteratively, and understand how to split work across small teams.
This position will be based out of San Francisco.
- Prototype, test, and ship web apps, focusing on frontend work
- Be a generalist: build systems across the stack that work together to deliver the end product
- At least two years experience building web products
- Experience developing and shipping software to end users; you are focused on the end product, not only the technology
- Effective working with both local and remote teams, solid communication skills
- BS in computer science or equivalent experience
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- You'll feel satisfied that you're creating something that people love
- We are working on something awesome! Join us!