At OpenSpace, we care deeply about design and UX, and we have some meaty design challenges that need solving. We hope you can help us.
About us: OpenSpace is a young company started by three veteran tech founders and engineers. Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. 3DR, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year. Philip DeCamp, the CTO, was most recently a machine vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). Michael Fleischman, Chief Science Officer, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael’s PhD is also in machine vision from MIT.
All three are MIT grad school buddies and are psyched to build a new company together.
We expect you to have a wide variety of design skills with a proven track record in shipping high quality products. You will be designing systems that focus on simplicity, and that are underpinned by cutting-edge machine vision technology.
You can do IA's, wires, graphic design, a little UX research, whatever it takes to make a highly usable and highly loved product experience. You are the kind of person that is stoked to build whatever it takes to deliver delightful, robust and (dare I say it) magical systems for end users.
This position will be based out of San Francisco.
- Work with the founders to shape ideas and create prototypes
- Design beautiful, usable mobile and web app experiences
- Design and build graphic assets for web and print as needed
- Bonus points if you like to get in the field: help us talk to users to identify painpoints and desired functionality
- At least three years experience building and testing either mobile or web products, or both
- Effective working with both local and remote teams, solid communication skills
- Fluency in standard design tools
- Some frontend coding skills (e.g., HTML/CSS). Some JS would be nice too!
- A portfolio of work you can share with us
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- You'll feel satisfied that you're creating something that people love
- We are working on something awesome! Join us!