About us: OpenSpace is a young company started by three veteran tech founders and engineers. Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. 3DR, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year. Philip DeCamp, the CTO, was most recently a machine vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). Michael Fleischman, Chief Science Officer, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael’s PhD is also in machine vision from MIT.
All three are MIT grad school buddies and are psyched to build a new company together.
We expect you to have a wide variety of software skills with a proven focus in computer vision. You will be building systems that work in real world environments. You are the kind of person that is stoked to build whatever it takes to deliver delightful, robust and (dare I say it) magical systems for end users.
This position will be based out of San Francisco.
- Design and architect complex, multi-component computer vision based intelligent systems
- Create work plans and estimate work required to build such systems
- Prototype such systems and run detailed tests to evaluate performance on real world data
- Work with platform engineers to develop production level implementations
- Ship real products that people in the real world actually use!
- At least three years experience building and testing computer vision systems
- Experience with SLAM and/or Neural Networks/Deep Learning
- Experience developing and shipping software to end users; we want to see more than research work
- Effective working with both local and remote teams, solid communication skills
- BS in computer science or equivalent experience. You probably have an MS or PhD.
Why you should work with us
- We'll trust you to do things right
- You'll feel satisfied that you're creating something that people love
- We are working on something awesome! Join us!