Position : Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Location : Canonsburg, PA
Duration : 6 - 12 Months Contract to Hire
Interview : In-Person / WebEx
- The Database Developer’s role is to strategically design, write, test and implement database application code.
- This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- This individual must ensure that high levels of database performance and data integrity are met through applying design best practices, code tuning and monitoring system processes.
- S/he is also responsible for defining standards and models for development using the database programming languages.
- Above all, this individual makes certain that the database design and coding solutions meet business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in the database group’s knowledge of and concern for the users’ business needs.
- This individual must also demonstrate a willingness to work with and mentor associates of varying levels of technical expertise within the organization.
- At least three (3) years experience in the design, programming, and support of application utilizing Oracle PL/SQL and SQL programming languages in a distributed Unix (Solaris preferred) computing environment
- Experience developing with Microsoft SQLServer’s Transact-SQL is preferred
- Thorough understanding of the Oracle database design techniques with attention given to scalability and maintainability
- Thorough understanding of Oracle database application performance tuning, design, security scalability and industry best practices for application development
- Excellent Oracle PL/SQL and SQL coding skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
- Excellent Oracle SQL performance tuning and optimization skills
- Extensive experience in SQL performance tuning products and utilities (e.g., TkProf, StatsPack, Oracle Enterprise Manager/Diagnostics, Explain utility, DBMS Trace, Precise, DB Tuner)
- Extensive experience in Oracle PL/SQL debugging tools (e.g., DBMS Debug, DBMS Profiler, DBMS Application Info, PL/SQL Developer Debug tool)
- Experience with Unix scripting languages (e.g., Korn shell, Perl)
- Experience in data extract, migration, queuing, and replication facilities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against the original business needs and choose the most cost-effective solution
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail and ability to access impact of design changes prior to implementation
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audiences in a way that establishes rapport and gains understanding.
Note: US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. Our client is unable to sponsor Visa at this time.
- Vamsi Vinnakot
- firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 224-300-4133
OpenLogix Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OpenLogix does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.