Job Title: IT BI Architect
Job Location: PA - Canonsburg
Job Type: Direct Hire
# of openings: 1
Quick Update: 23Oct2017: We are still looking for a good candidate for this role.
Brief Job Description: The Business Intelligence Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This position, through the Scrum development methodology, requires working with the various business units and leading the reporting development teams to deliver reporting functionality. This individual works as the technical team lead and facilitates all development meetings with the business and IT. The BI Architect will be responsible for leading and guiding multiple development team efforts per release. Additionally, the BI architect is expected to gather release oriented needs to facilitate setting the technical direction for long-term growth and scalability. Such direction will likely manifest itself in the requirements gathering and design a future reporting data warehouse.
· Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of an enterprise reporting environment using the WebFOCUS business intelligence platform
· At least five years experience in Agile development and a thorough understanding of the Scrum development methodology
· Strong programming background and skills
· Complete understanding of the WebFOCUS product architecture including but not limited to the Develop Studio, Managed Reporting software, and Visual Discovery
· Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
· Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling
· Demonstrated ability with Oracle SQL scripting with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
· Proven track record of strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple small to large projects in cross-functional environment
· Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications
· Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills; ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against the original business needs and choose the most cost-effective solution
· Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the database team; familiarity with line-of-business legacy systems
Note: US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. Our client is unable to sponsor Visa at this time.
- Vamsi Vinnakot
- firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 224-300-4133
OpenLogix Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OpenLogix does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.