Openbay is looking for a Frontend Software Engineer/Web Developer to join a small but growing team who are working on our marketplace and SaaS products. In this individual contributor role, you will be evolving our existing products and working to implement new features and functionality.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement new functionality for Openbay’s Marketplace and SaaS products.
- Engage in all aspects of release cycles including requirements review, work estimation, design, implementation, testing, and review.
- Identify gaps in requirements or designs and present options to address them.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re experienced and curious and love to learn new things and challenge yourself. You want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in coding and software and web development.
- Experience with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Able to quickly diagnose and solve code problems (StackOverflow is your friend).
- An understanding and appreciation for the many facets of designing for the modern web, including responsive design and progressive enhancement/graceful degradation.
- A passion for writing clean and maintainable code to build great user experiences with beautiful and intuitive UIs.
- A track record of successfully completing projects on time and delivering on schedules and commitments.
- Ability to understand product objectives, communicate the different options to achieve them, and arrive at the best solution, both as an individual and within a team.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, want to grow a business, and love working with a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or an intriguing reason for not having one.