Openbay is looking for a Mobile Engineer/Developer to join a small but growing team who are working on our iOS and Android marketplace products. In this individual contributor role, you will be evolving our existing mobile applications to implement new features and functionality.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement new functionality for Openbay’s marketplace products
- Engage in all aspects of release cycles including requirements review, work estimation, design, implementation, testing, and review.
- Identify gaps in requirements or designs and present options to address them.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re experienced and curious and love to learn new things and challenge yourself. You want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in mobile software development.
- Proficient in mobile programming languages including Swift, Objective-C, Java, and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience in interfacing with backend REST APIs (GraphQL a plus).
- Ability to profile for memory leaks using tools such as Instruments or memory profiler in Android Studio.
- Ability to quickly diagnose and solve code problems (StackOverflow is your friend).
- Understanding and following best practices of Apple’s human interface guidelines and Google’s Material design.You are passionate about building positive user experiences by always improving both your code and the UX / UI it generates.
- A track record of successfully completing projects on time and delivering on schedules and commitments.
- Have shipped apps to Google Play or Apple’s app store. Your own personal apps a major plus.
- Github repo with code you have written is a major plus.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, want to grow a business, and love working with a team.
- Likes to read tech blogs like HackerNews to keep up on the latest technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience in the field.