Openbay is looking for a contract WordPress Developer to build a custom WordPress forum. You’ll be a part of a highly specialized and talented group of startup professionals who will involve and include you on major decisions. You’ll have the chance to own strategically important projects while contributing company growth.
The Wordpress Developer will be responsible for developing, testing and deploying a best-in-class forum that effectively engages consumers. Additionally, the WordPress Developer may be tasked with updating existing WordPress sites upon launch of the forum site.
What You'll Do
- Lead the successful development of a WordPress based forum that effectively drives organic traffic to Openbay, delivers an engaging UX and generates revenue, from wireframe to launch.
- Create accessible, dynamic and responsive interfaces that promote Openbay's brand presence.
- Optimize the forum to ensure it renders consistently in cross-browser environments, with best SEO principles.
- Document processes and code in a clear, comprehensive and organized manner and in line with product and engineering standards.
Who We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience and comprehensive understanding of WordPress, Wordpress plugins, and experience using PHP with Wordpress; high comfort level using custom themes, shortcodes, CPTs, hooks, widgets, custom post types, page templates, WP-CLI, AJAX, functions.php, etc.
- Ability to produce flexible, reliable web software with with high code quality.
- Core understanding of browser and system requirements across multiple devices.
- Knowledge of the best practices of web design UI/UX (layout, typography, image optimization, etc.).
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional team members in marketing, product and engineering.
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment under tight deadlines.