Openbay is looking for a UI/UX Developer to join our small but growing team working to transform the consumer automotive repair services industry. You will work closely with our engineers and product managers to concept, program, design, prototype, test, and iterate on customer and product solutions. We’re looking for a generalist who can understand and champion our users and design solutions that are equally thoughtful, elegant, and delightful. This is a hands-on role requiring both front-end development and design experience.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the design process through concept development, validation, wireframing, prototyping, and final visual design (in quick, iterative cycles).
- Code and produce high-quality interfaces, interactions and prototypes tailored to emerging and evolving ruse cases.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional product team (engineering, data science and product management).
- Work with the product and engineering team to identify opportunities to create a better user experience.
- Craft designs that connect the dots between customer needs, data, business goals, and product workflow.
- Create assets (mockup, prototype, flow, etc.) with the appropriate level of detail for the requested needs.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re experienced and curious and love to learn new things and challenge yourself. You want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years professional experience as a product/experience developer/designer.
- 2+ years experience working as a developer supporting the evolution of an existing product (startup experience preferred, agile approach preferred).
- A strong visual aesthetic, experience creating visual systems, and delivering beautiful, high fidelity, production-ready designs.
- Experience managing the design process from concept development to launch.
- Ability to discuss your work confidently connecting it to larger strategic objectives as well as clearly articulating tactical and execution details.
- A willingness to jump in and do what it takes to help the team achieve results.
- Experience and efficiency with standard design tools.
- Understanding of the dynamics between the customer in an SMB and Enterprise SaaS context.